lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27352] Change ip_addr from struct to typedef (u32_t)

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27352] Change ip_addr from struct to typedef (u32_t)
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 21:14:55 +0000

Update of bug #27352 (project lwip):

                Category:                    None => IPv4
              Item Group:                    None => Change Request
             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #63:

Finally, Ifound the time to check in something that is a bit related to
Stephane's patch but a little different:
- I introduced a packed- and unpacked version of ip_addr_t (of which the
packed version is only used in packet headers)
- IP-src/dest address are copied to aligned storage in ip_input and used from
there in all protocols (while in an input function that is called from
ip_input)

This results in 2 addresses copied per incoming packet, which is good enough,
I guess.

It works for me, I hope I haven't broken anything I couldn't test here, so
please report back any errors.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27352>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/