lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7896] Support zero-copy drivers

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7896] Support zero-copy drivers
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 00:07:55 +0400

>> As soon as I have a chance, I'll test this in hardware. I'll also
>> submit a service request to Freescale.
>
> Keep us updated!
>
>  Micael

Well, I haven't done any testing in hardware yet. But I have got a
reply from Freescale support. Basically, they are saying that this
must be a mistake in the manual. They don't know where it came from,
probably some unintended carry-over from the transmit buffer alignment
requirement. They also say that they didn't modify any ethernet
drivers for the MCF5223x. The fact that the drivers still work is
strong evidence in support of the doc bug theory.
This is good enough for me. I don't think I'll be testing this in hardware...

- mike