lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7224] Add netif flag for AutoIP & AutoIP fallback t

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7224] Add netif flag for AutoIP & AutoIP fallback to static IP
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 20:33:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #7224 (project lwip):

Unfortunately, I do not fully agree to this one: we are using AutoIP only as
fallback for the case where a device that is set to DHCP does not reach a DHCP
server.

Being like that, I want AutoIP to implicitly stop when it was started from
DHCP. That would have to be taken care of by the patch, too, as currently
AutoIP is left on when I stop DHCP - this would mean my application would have
to know about AutoIP, too, if I applied the patch as is.

The rest is fine, I think (except that I would add an option for the AutoIP
fallback address as I don't know how broadly this is used).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7224>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/