lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7224] Add netif flag for AutoIP & AutoIP fallback t

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7224] Add netif flag for AutoIP & AutoIP fallback to static IP
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 20:56:11 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #7224 (project lwip):

What did I miss? dhcp_stop *does* turn off autoip.  It does so based on the
coop state and if you mean it should unconditionally turn off AutoIP, I agree.
 If one purposefully stops DHCP, what's would be the point of leaving AutoIP
on?

Do you mean a (runtime) option to disable DHCP if AutoIP sets the IP address?
 I like this too because leaving DHCP on when in most cases if there is no
DHCP there won't ever be DHCP stops the DHCP overhead.  If the cable is
changed, the user needs to detect this and call dhcp_start anyway (to check
again).  The chance that the DHCP server actually is down and then appears is
unlikely but we should allow for it somehow I guess.

AFA a compile time option for AutoIP fallback - it's a one line function
(which would be optimized out by most tools if unused) and one or 2 lines in
the AutoIP code.  That's your call of course but it's very little code.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7224>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/