lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #30577] tcp_input: don't discard ACK-only packet after

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #30577] tcp_input: don't discard ACK-only packet after refusing 'refused_data' again
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:54:55 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

In tcp_input, after deciding for a pcb, we first check if that pcb has
'refused_data' and if so, we try to pass the data to its receive callback
again.

If the callback rejects the data again, we drop the incoming packet and
return.

I suggest to only drop the incoming packet if it contains data, i.e. to let
ACK-only frames through and continue processing the packet as normal. This is
because there should be no RECV-callback generated by this packet, and so we
can safely leave the 'refused_data' as it is.

Does anyone see a pitfall here? Or any other reason this change wouldn't be a
good idea?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30577>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/