lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7264] protocols are rejected incorrectly on big end

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7264] protocols are rejected incorrectly on big endian architectures
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 11:15:51 +0000

Update of patch #7264 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #3:

Ah, well, I just discovered my mistake: I thought that the protocol was to be
copied to the same memory where it is read from at the top of the function,
however, that's not the case as the struct has a padding of 2 on platforms
where 'int' is 4 bytes and which need 4-byte alignment.

So we either would need to pack the struct pppInputHeader to make the code
work like the original author meant it to work or just apply your patch, which
is what I jsut did.

Thanks for reporting.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7264>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah