lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:48:52 +0100

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 12:16 -0400, Bill Auerbach wrote:

> This is not the exact copyright listed in the files for lwIP.  If the BSD
> license says it must include the copyright and the conditions below it, I'd
> expect to see the copyright from the 1.3.2 distribution unmodified, wouldn't
> you?

I'm a bit confused.  Are you saying they've not included the copyright
statement for lwIP somewhere (in the source files if they distribute
source, or in the documentation if the distribute binaries)?  Or are you
saying that they only mention SICS (2001, 2002) and that this is
insufficient?

If the latter, I'd probably side with Microsoft - they will have just
pulled the COPYING file from the root of the lwIP source directory and
used that, which seems reasonable.

If they're distributing source and have edited or removed copyright
statements, or they're distributing binaries and haven't included the
lwIP copyright then I'll have a word and ask them to correct it.

Kieran