lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #31367] Cannot send a UDP datagram to a different vali

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #31367] Cannot send a UDP datagram to a different valid subnet
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:53:26 +0000

The simple solution is for the udp receive callback to be passed the netif of
the incoming packet - or do we lose that information?  Then a udp_sendto_if
can be used to reply via unicast addressing.  I guess this may be good for the
raw API only.

I have only one netif and can simply use the global instance I have of it and
use udp_sendto_if.

The incompatibility with other stacks remains for being able to reply to any
UDP packet simply by using the remote IP address and port.

Unless you choose to support this you can close this report.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?31367>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/