lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #31487] FIN_WAIT_1 timeout?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #31487] FIN_WAIT_1 timeout?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:36:00 +0000

Update of bug #31487 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I think TCP keepalive would solve your problem.  This will timeout a socket
if no traffic is seen, and sends probes to check if the other end is still
there if there is no application traffic.

However in FINWAIT1 we are waiting for the ACK of our FIN.  I would expect
the stack to retransmit the FIN until it reaches TCP_MAXRTX tries at which
time the connection should be closed.  This could take some time (up to hours)
as TCP is very persistent at trying to recover in such situations.  How long
do you wait?

I'm closing this as I think there are two mechanisms that should achieve what
you want.  If one or the other isn't working please open a new bug to discuss
that.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?31487>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/