lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] LWIP and LWIPv6 projects

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] LWIP and LWIPv6 projects
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:52:03 +0100

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 05:21:11PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Anyway I didn't really mean to copy the IPv6 implementation from LWIPv6.
> Instead, I would very much favour LWIPv6 to use our source code without
> changes (as a pure library - at least the core functions maybe) to make
> sure any bugs found there are fixed for us, too (and the other way
> round, too, of course). The main work for this would be on the LWIPv6
> side, but we might have to change some things, too. It might even not
> work at all if it pushes the code away from targeting embedded systems.
I understand that we are addressing similar problems for a different set
of applications.

I agree with Simon: if we are able to restructure the code using macro/
functions such that parts can be shared, we can benefit from
a wider user community and a larger group of developers.
Along the path we will see how much code we can share.

How many lwip active developers live in Europe?
FOSDEM is a huge conference for developers, if you join FOSDEM we can
meet there and if you want we can arrange a brainstorming session
on LWIP-LWIPv6 in the NCIV dev-room.

renzo