lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] IPv6 for LwIP submission

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] IPv6 for LwIP submission
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:03:13 +0100

Ivan Delamer wrote:
I have an initial version of the IPv6 implementation for LwIP that I'd
like to submit.
That's great!
Which is the best way to submit the code? There are many
changes to existing files as well as a few new files, so copy-pasting a
patch doesn't seem feasible.
The best way to go is create a patch file and submit it as a patch to savannah. That way, I/we can apply the patch to a working copy and test/review the changes. I hope to find the time next week or the one after that to test and maybe include the patch (which depends on the changes made to the main sources).

However, the time of integration also depends on the release schedule for 1.4.0: I would tend to releasing 1.4.0 first before adding the patch to CVS...

Simon