lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #31828] lwIP AUTOIP addresses accessed from a host wit

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #31828] lwIP AUTOIP addresses accessed from a host with a non-AUTOIP
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:53:04 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

One cannot talk to an lwIP device with an AUTOIP address from a host that
does not have an AUTOIP address.

Test case: LWIP_DHCP and LWIP_AUTOIP are both 0.  Set the device to have an
AUTOIP (link-local) address.  You cannot ping or connect to the device from an
interface that does not have an AUTOIP address.  If the interface has an
AUTOIP address, it does work OK.

There are RFC cases covering assigning AUTOIP addresses and for a device
having an AUTOIP address. I'm pretty confident that the first part (assigning)
is right. I thought maybe code is removed with LWIP_AUTOIP = 0 to cause this
problem, but setting LWIP_AUTOIP to 1 does not change this behavior.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?31828>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/