lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Problem about outgoing connections

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Problem about outgoing connections
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:40:10 +0000

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 12:00 +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using your LwIP stack in a multithreaded embedded project and it is
> working very well. One problem however that has popped up is that when
> creating an outgoing connection before the LwIP stack has a default gateway
> and active link, "netconn_connect()" seems stuck and will never return.
> Neither do we see any packets transmitted when the link is finally up. I
> suspect someone has seen this issue before? How can this be fixed/worked
> around?

This doesn't sound familiar, so either no one else has reported it or
I've forgotten.  If you don't have a default route set up I'd expect the
connect to immediately return with an error.  If you do have a route but
no link I'd expect the connect to try to retransmit packets at
increasing intervals until it either succeeds or times out (could take a
long time to time out).  Your reported behaviour doesn't match either of
these so I'd suggest digging deeper to find out where it is stuck, and
file a bug.

Kieran