lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Potential bug in tcp_close 1.4.2 rc1

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Potential bug in tcp_close 1.4.2 rc1
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:08:09 +0100

Brent Kucera <address@hidden> wrote:
> If I call echo_close while netcat is connected, tcp_close returns ERR_OK. If
> I then try to restart the server, tcp_bind fails with ERR_USE. The reason is
> that a pcb bound to port 7 is still in the tcp_active_pcbs list.

Am I correct in suspecting that your problem is that tcp_bind fails with
ERR_USE (that wasn't quite clear to me)? If so, that's pretty normal for
sockets. If you want something different, so have to specify the SO_REUSE flag
(using setsockopt, if I remember correctly).

Have you tried this on any ore platform to come to the conclusion that lwIP is
wrong? If so, which platform?

Simon