lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7409] IPv6 support for LwIP 1.4.0RC1

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7409] IPv6 support for LwIP 1.4.0RC1
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 17:55:48 +0000

Follow-up Comment #13, patch #7409 (project lwip):

There are a few things that I'm ready to add, such as support of IPv6 router
mode (send RA ICMPv6 messages), and several optimizations. However, I think
the priority is having the code up to LwIP standards in terms of eliminating
#ifs and combining code.

Simon, I think the best scenario is if you take the lead in setting the style,
then I can follow your example.

Once we are happy with how the code looks, I can add the new features.

TCP, UDP and RAW are fairly well tested using the Netconn, but the socket API
has gone through very little testing. I don't use sockets so if you have a
test application to run it through, it would be great.

You can also perhaps looks at s_addr, sin_addr, and sin6_addr one how to have
a single addr struct for v4 and v6. Would it make sense to "standardize"
socket addresses accross the stack?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7409>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/