lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Versioning System

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Versioning System
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:40:19 +0200

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Surely the least number of moves would be to just move the CVS repository to
> > a faster/more reliable server. What about source forge?
>
> No, lwIP is sticking with savannah for now.  I really don't want the
> hassle of transferring all the mailing lists, bugs, patches, and so on over to
> another hosting system.  If there ever were a problem with savannah that was
> impacting the project then I would consider moving, but for now I see no
> reason to change hosting provider.  Switching from CVS to git or similar at
> savannah is a very straightforward change.

That's true. The least number of moves is just staying with savannah. Although
I prefer github's way of showing changes (e.g. relating them to bugs, etc.), I
don't want the hassle of transferring anything, either. I just don't feel it
would be worth it. Aside from that, moving the project URL and mailing list has
the potential to annoy users, too.

Simon