lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Versioning System

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Versioning System
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:26:03 +0200

Hello all,

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:03 AM, David Empson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I expect that a fairly high proportion of LWIP users are running Windows as
> their development platform. Since LWIP users have limited exposure to the
> VCS (mostly just fetching HEAD), limited Windows support in git may be less
> of an issue.
>
> The question really should be what suits the developers. How many of the
> developers are running on Windows, and of them, how many have used either
> git or mercurial on Windows?

Don't let the lack of a good workshed (Windows) prevent the use of
good tools (GIT). If the only development system was Windows, I am
sure lwIP would not have existed :)

> If my concerns about git on Windows are unfounded then it is probably best
> to go with whichever system is more familiar to the active developers.

TortoiseCVS
TortoiseSVN
TortoiseGIT

http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/

It's not perfect (yet), but GIT has the most momentum on the planet of VCS.

Regards,
--
Leon