lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.5.x and API?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.5.x and API?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:00:36 +0100

On 12 Jun 2011, at 00:57, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> with the 1.4.0 release out, is HEAD now again headed for 1.5.0 as
> usual, thus allowing (small) API changes if required?

Correct.  I'd like to keep API changes small, and so allow the next release to
be 1.4.1 if possible, but with IPv6 support going in I'm not sure that is
realistic and 1.5.0 could well be the next release.

> I assume 1.4.0 is the branch root point for the API compatible, fixes
> only, 1.4.x branch, right?

I'm not sure I follow: there are no branches in the lwIP source tree (yet).

> Introducing U8_F is an API change in some way, although we can provide
> sane defaults without breaking existing ports.

If we can do things in a way that doesn't break existing ports then that gets
my vote.

Kieran