lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.5.x and API?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.5.x and API?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:51:28 +0200

Leon Woestenberg wrote:
Correct.  I'd like to keep API changes small, and so allow the next release to
be 1.4.1 if possible, but with IPv6 support going in I'm not sure that is
realistic and 1.5.0 could well be the next release
Ah, so you think you have to choose between those two?
That's a question of man-power, too. It seems like Kieran and me have been pretty much the only developers for at least a year (after I didn't hear very much from Frédéric and Jifl). There have been many contributions from non-project-members (which I am *very* thankful for!), but I guess both Kieran and me favoured spending our time for lwIP working on one branch instead of two.

Aside from that, I think we all know how to work with branches. You only need more time to work two branches instead of one.

That being said, I do hope that IPv6 support is just an addon which does not corrupt the 1.4 API.

Simon