lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] etharp.c updating

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] etharp.c updating
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 02:07:12 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Leon Woestenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
> If we drop etharp_ip_input() we must otherwise make sure actively used
> ARP entries are not timed out, by sending ARP requests for them. If we
> do not, ARP entries will time out and be removed in lwIP, and pcb will
> every so many seconds have a few seconds "drop-out".

I have been thinking about this a bit.

The best approach to keep the ARP cache up to date for active
connections is to do this:

In etharp_send_ip(), verify if the matching ARP entry is about to
expire and if so, send out a ARP request right after sending out the
IP packet.

Regards,
--
Leon