lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] etharp.c updating

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] etharp.c updating
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:12:33 +0200

Leon Woestenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> FIND_ONLY is not really a good flag description then, agreed? Can we
> change it to UPDATE?

Well, FIND_ONLY is the flag passed to find_entry(), so I think the name
expresses very well what it does. It's only confusing because this flag is
passed to update_arp_entry() as well, which directly passes it on to
find_entry().

Anyway, I think that the find_entry() function should be splitted in 'find
entry' and 'create new entry'. This would a) make it easier to read and b) make
the 'find entry' case (e.g. for sending IP packets) faster since the function
would be smaller. I don't think the code would be much bigger since the current
find_entry() is quite big (1088 bytes on my platform).

Simon