lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Status of lwip keepalive flag

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Status of lwip keepalive flag
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:48:26 +0100

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 10:44 +0200, Bjørn Liene Gundersen wrote:

> So, how can I know the status of lwIP keepalive flag?

Which API are you using?

With the raw API you will either get your error callback or your receive
callback called with length of 0 when the connection is closed.

With the sockets API a call to recv() will return 0.

(I think - this is from memory, rather than checking the source).

Presumably in your server you have to restart the accept when the
connection is closed "naturally". i.e. when the client is done.  How do
you deal with this?  Can't you just do the same when the connection is
closed due to a keepalive failure?

Kieran