lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #33634] ip_forward() have a faulty behaviour.

From: hanhui
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #33634] ip_forward() have a faulty behaviour.
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:23:35 +0000

I think we can use a flag in pbuf, like BSD use M_BCAST to determine whether
the received packet is broadcast. If the input packet is broadcast then
discard! if not, we do packet forward. we will no longer in use "network
interface compare method"

I recommend that ip_forward() or ip_route() functions can be added a
user-configurable hook function to expand lwip routing algorithm.

This method without increasing the code of the lwip but can be more flexible
expansion.

Wireless Ad Hoc network system will be more popular in future, that Will be a
variety of routing protocols, this hook will become very important in the
future.

If added this route hook to LWIP, I can contribute a lwip Ad Hoc Routing
Protocol (AODV)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?33634>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/