lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] sys_* functions in NO_SYS=1

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] sys_* functions in NO_SYS=1
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:52:10 +0200

AjK wrote:
I think this is more of a lwip-devel question that a lwip-user question,
apologies if not.

I was wondering why in sys.h beginning line 41 the code base goes to such harse
lengths to make sure a NO_SYS=1 system is not to be able to define functions
such as sys_box_new() etal and the typedefs such as typedef u8_t sys_mbox_t;
I guess the reason for this is rather that it's been like that for years ;-)
Although I think that in some places, the defines *are* used when NO_SYS==1. However, I think it's not too nice coding style to define the functions and typedefs to nothing, I'd rather see them not used (and thus undefined) for NO_SYS==1.

As to your problem, why don't you just use your own defines and define them to sys_* or to your own implementation depending on the NO_SYS setting? That way, you wouldn't have to have two versions of your netif code.

Simon