lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] tcpip_trycallback() and friends

From: Giffel, Brad
Subject: [lwip-devel] tcpip_trycallback() and friends
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:37:19 -0500

I just cloned the lwIP git repo to get a merged version of lwIP with the IPv6 patches in place and any new fixes to them.  While patching up my code I noticed a couple of new functions in tcpip.c for passing static messages to the tcpip thread via tcpip_trycallback().  It would seem to me that the intent of these functions was to use static messages and thus the message type should be TCPIP_MSG_CALLBACK_STATIC.  That would mean line 419 in tcpip.c should be:

msg->type = TCPIP_MSG_CALLBACK_STATIC;

I was doing something similar by hacking tcpip.c but I’m switching to these new functions now that they’re available.

            Thanks,

            - Brad