lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:50:08 +0200

Wojciech A. Koszek wrote:
I seem to recall that I had to enter "Browse CVS" to see that there's
a "contrib" repository that happens to contain something useful. And it's
not packed/released together with lwIP itself.
Isn't that normal when working with CVS modules? You either can browse for modules or directly enter the module name on the command line, depending on your CVS client.
And contrib/ back then didn't quite work for me -- because it's separate,
it'll never be in sync with lwIP code, which means it'll be broken.
That's not a valid assumption: I'm developing lwIP under win32, which means the win32 port is always up to date, no matter if it is in the same repository or in a different one.
Like it is now:
What you see here is that the unix port is broken and that's my fault (I keep forgetting to update it because I have to boot my extra linux VM to compile it). However, that (unfurtunately) wouldn't be different if the port was in lwip.git...

I'll fix the unix port as soon as we have decided what to do with contrib CVS.

Simon