lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Converting to git
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:43:36 +0200

"Wojciech A. Koszek" <address@hidden> wrote:

> That was my first guess. But GCC complained about it, since in
> src/core/timers.c
> has this:
>
> 432 #if PBUF_POOL_FREE_OOSEQ
> 433       PBUF_CHECK_FREE_OOSEQ();
> 434 #endif /* PBUF_POOL_FREE_OOSEQ */
>
> This calls pbuf_free_ooseq(). If you get rid of this from this file (somehow),
> we'll be able to make pbuf_free_ooseq() static or remove it at all.
>
> This is the only place that calls PBUF_CHECK_FREE_OOSEQ.

Exactly. But since it's in another file, it cannot be the source of the error:
unless you manually combine files and pass them to the compiler as one file,
gcc will compile every file on it's own (i.e compile every file as if the
others don't exist). That means using pbuf_free_ooseq in any other file will
not change the error message seen when compiling pbuf.c. Also, the error
message is different from the one in your example...

Simon