lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Why pcap_findalldevs_ex()?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Why pcap_findalldevs_ex()?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:59:29 +0200

Sorry for the late answer, trying to catch up with all the mails on the list while I was away..

Gisle Vanem wrote:
In contrib/ports/win32/pcap_helper.c there is a call to pcap_findalldevs_ex().
I can't follow you on this, I don't find a call to pcap_findalldevs_ex() in pcap_helper.c. Are you using an old version of contrib? If so, please update to the latest version.

I didn't know of the disasdvantages of the "_ex" version, but the current code only uses it if PACKET_LIB_GET_ADAPTER_NETADDRESS is defined, which doesn't really work anyway (that was experimental code...).

Simon