lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Why pcap_findalldevs_ex()?

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Why pcap_findalldevs_ex()?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 22:33:38 +0200

<address@hidden> wrote:

Anyway, have you been facing any problems when using that code or does this issue only come from reading the code?

I'm porting the code to MingW + MSVC and see little problems with the
pcap_* code. It was just WinPcap I had problems with; my version didn't have
the '_ex()' version. In fact, the whole libpcap/win32 is a bit of a mess;
the italians behind WinPcap has promised to merge their work (with all
the PCAP_REMOTE+AirPcap+DagAPI etc.) into the official libpcap for years. But it hasn't happened so far.

--gv