lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PPP: Change default MRU

From: narke
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PPP: Change default MRU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:09:02 +0800

On 6 September 2011 16:58, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 08:22 +0800, narke wrote:
>> That's what I guessed. I am afarid, however, without MRU negotiating,
>> how
>> the peer correctly know this?
>
> I know very little about PPP, so I can't answer your specific question.
> The point I was making was that it is often necessary to increase the
> default values for lwIP to make it work well with other systems, and
> this is possible one such case.  I.e. if it doesn't work for you then
> change it so it does.
>
> Kieran

Kieran, thank you for your reply.    But, my question still not
answered.  So please anyone please tell me:  how can I make the MRU
negotiation happen without hacking the source code?   My point is very
clear: without MRU negotiation, I don't sure whether my device and the
peer agree on a same MRU since lwIP's default value is different with
the value specified in rfc1662.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (address@hidden)