lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34517] persist timer is started although there is una

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34517] persist timer is started although there is unacked data
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:50:12 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

Is it correct that the persist timer is started although there is unacked
data? I thought that this timer is responsible to prevent losing ACKs that
open the window and I would have assumed that in the case where the window is
not 0, the normal RTO-timeout retransmission would take place.

Like it is now (e.g. when the complete window is unacked), the persist timer
retransmits 1 byte of the oldest unacked segment instead of transmitting 1
byte out-of-window or retransmitting the complete oldest unacked segment.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34517>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/