lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34517] persist timer is started although there is una

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34517] persist timer is started although there is unacked data
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:21:00 +0000

I think you are correct that the RTO mechanism will discover lost acks when
there is unacked data, and the persist (or zero-window) timer is there to
discover lost acks when there is no unacked data.

Having the persist timer running when this is unacked data shouldn't cause any
harm though, and it may be easier to start it that way.

The mechanism is I think fine.  All it needs to do is guarantee that the
receiver will send an ACK when it gets it.  This means either (i) sending a
byte we've already sent; or (ii) sending a byte that is out of window.  I
prefer (i) which is I think what we have now.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34517>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/