lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Putting memp_memory (in core/memp.c) in its own section

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Putting memp_memory (in core/memp.c) in its own section
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:26:41 +0200

David Brown wrote:
I did notice the MEMP_SEPARATE_POOLS, but I thought then I would need to
have each pool defined separately - with higher risk of forgetting
something, or getting the sizes wrong.
What's true is that you would need to define each pool - although if you forget a pool it won't go wrong, but it will just stay in .bss.

I do realize though that it would be more convenient to be able to just move all lwIP data into different sections. Other portable software I've seen supporting this just had defines like LWIP_MEM_BEFORE and LWIP_MEM_AFTER to support different ways of section assignment. I wonder if we should also do it that way...
I won't change my code at the moment, since it is working fine, but I'll
remember that for next time.
I can understand you there - don't change a running system. However, if you do the work now, it will be easier for you to switch to a new version of lwIP in the future.

Simon