lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34669] Inverted byte order in TCP_BUILD_MSS_OPTION

From: Andrea Sacco
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34669] Inverted byte order in TCP_BUILD_MSS_OPTION
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:03:16 +0000

> When running the win32 simulation...

We're not running in simulation mode. We have noticed this behaviour during a
unit-test campaign we're working on.
In our configuration, the htons, ntohs, etc. functions are redefined by the
preprocessor switch BYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN as:

#if BYTE_ORDER == BIG_ENDIAN
#define htons(x) (x)
#define ntohs(x) (x)
#define htonl(x) (x)
#define ntohl(x) (x)
#else /* BYTE_ORDER != BIG_ENDIAN */

We're testing your code for an industrial application running on ColdFire
micro.

> Andrea, could you please provide a wireshark-screenshot of a faulty
connection
> from lwIP that shows us what you think is wrong?

No I can't, i will need the board.. But I can provide you the code to
reprocuce the error. I attach it to the comment.

Into the test we build a fake tcp header only with the option field and try to
decode it with the parseopt function from the tcp_in module.
If you look at the gcov file you will notice that the parsing process will
fail.
Now, uncommenting the FIXED_TCP_BUILD_MSS_OPTION_() call into the main, will
produce a successful parding operation.

Regards,
Andrea

(file #24231)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: mss.option.test.zip            Size:107 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34669>

  Messaggio inviato con/da Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/