lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34682] Limit ARP request flood for unresolved entry

From: Amir Shalem
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34682] Limit ARP request flood for unresolved entry
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:15:21 +0000

I forgot to mention that the reason I included in my patch two changes:

1. Changing the ARP_TMR_INTERVAL, and fixing all other numbers values
(ARP_AGE_REREQUEST_USED, ARP_MAXAGE, ARP_MAXPENDING)

2. Send arp_request() only for new entires, and in arp_tmr()

Is because I wish to maintain the behavior of sending ARP requests every
second.
Before this patch this behavior happened because ARP request was sent for
every SYN packet.
After this patch every SYN packet will be queue, and ARP request will be sent
immediately after the first one, and afterwards it will be sent every second
up to ARP_MAXPENDING (=10) seconds.

That's all.

Amir Shalem

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34682>