lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34683] IPv4 routing doesn't consider source IP addres

From: Amir Shalem
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34683] IPv4 routing doesn't consider source IP address
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 05:56:17 +0000

Please note that "Multiple netif on the same subnet" is feature I need for
unit-testing my code.
Other possible uses are being able to have few netif connected to the
"Internet", and by binding to the correct source IP, I can choose the gateway
(traffic shaping).

I agree with simon that this feature should be #ifdef, because that's a corner
case which most lwIP users doesn't need/want.
kieran, what do you say?

P.S.
And like simon side there are many other places where we can save "opcodes",
if assuming there's only one netif.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34683>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/