lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] IPv6 support and source code access

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] IPv6 support and source code access
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 07:30:58 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> We are using the head of the CVS repository and pulling that on a
> semi-regular basis into a vendor branch in our own SVN repo.

You have missed quite a bit of changes then: the last commit into CVS is more
than 4 moths ago. I don't know though why the CVS repo is still listed on the
savannah page :-(

> [..] Are patches sent to this mailing list the best way?

Definitively the bug/patch tracker at
https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=lwip, as David wrote.

> [..] However, when I ran the IPv6ready logo test
> suite, it failed quite a large number of tests. I am planning on going
> through these and fix as many as I think are essential for good IPv6
> operation.

That's great! I think the only really active developer working on IPv6 is Ivan
Delamer, who contributed the initial code. I'm working with IPv6 on an
irregular basis, mainly fixing issues related to lwIP integration, not
regarding the IPv6 standard (as we don't use IPv6, yet, in our development).

> [..] and what is the best way for us to synchronize these efforts so we
> do not duplicate the work and stomp on each others feed. Also, again,
> what is the best way to submit changes I make?

Again, the best way is to provide patches to the bugtracker (link above). On
the other hand, now that we have git, you could establish your own branch and
we could sync with it...

> Do you have a coding std document, that I can review to avoid either
> having my patches rejected because the code isn't formatted right

Our coding guide is "format it like the rest of it is", we don't have it
documented (yet?).

Simon