lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34846] LWIP segfaults from IPv6 reassembly timer

From: Sebastian Unger
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34846] LWIP segfaults from IPv6 reassembly timer
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 06:53:53 +0000

What's the reasoning behind sending the ICMP out on the exact same interface
the packet came in on? My patch changes that and uses the normal routing to
determine the interface the packet should be sent out on. I believe that's a
better solution because it probably works better with mobile IP v6.

Please note that my change affects all  ICMP responses not just the time
exceeded response from the reassembly timer.

I'm assuming that the current IP data (such as the current source address)
isn't used when not in a receive callback. If that assumption doesn't actually
hold, then my patch is going to do strange and bad things. One of the LWIP
architecture gurus should have a good look at it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34846>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/