lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Small typo

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Small typo
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:41:30 +0000

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 15:27 +0100, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> BTW. Having this in makefsdata.c:
>   #include "../../../../lwip/src/core/inet_chksum.c"
>   #include "../../../../lwip/src/core/def.c"
>
> is difficult for me; I don't have a 'lwip' dir. Isn't makefsdata (or
> really htmlgen)
> supposed to be inside the LwIP-tree somewhere? So IMHO that should
> read:
>   #include "core/inet_chksum.c"
>   #include "core/def.c"
>
> assuming the user set the -I-path correctly.

makefsdata is not doing this very elegantly for sure, but the user
wouldn't normally have lwip/src/ in their include path (they would have
lwip/src/include to pick up the headers).  makefsdata is trying to pull
in C files rather than header files for some reason, and I think its
approach is a reasonable one: it's clear which files its trying to get
at, so modifying it to point to wherever you keep your lwip source
shouldn't be hard.  I suppose we could instead have something like:

#ifndef LWIP_TOP
LWIP_TOP=../../../../lwip/src/
#endif

#include LWIP_TOP/core/inet_chksum.c

Then the user can define LWIP_TOP appropriately if they need to.

Kieran