lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7683] u32_t should be time_t in some cases

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7683] u32_t should be time_t in some cases
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:18:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #7683 (project lwip):

> I wondered if LWIP actually makes assumptions about times being 32-bits

Yes, it does. 32 bit are enough in most cases as we only need the time
difference. If timers are called often enough, even 16 bit would suffice. The
only problem I could think of with that would be SNMP, but I'm not sure.

> I used the UNIX port in lwip-contrib as a starting point, so the
> change could be made there.

I guess that port might either rely on time being 32 bit (I would doubt that,
however), or the original makefiles don't spit out a warning when implicitly
converting. Would you mind creating a patch to see what would need to be
changed?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7683>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/