lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #35435] No pcb state check before adding it to time-wa

From: Yosic
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #35435] No pcb state check before adding it to time-wait queue while closing
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 07:18:15 +0000

May be it is so. But any way it is. I don't know the origin of the problem but
in the function I mentioned an attempt to add pcb to time-wait queue is made.
May be it is required some other sort of check not to get to this function at
all. But as for now it tries to put pcb into time-wait queue twice. I tested
it on the head.
I've followed the call stack and found that there is no check against
connection has been closed while one tries to close it through sockets api. So
It may be already closed and second attempt will try to close it second time.
May be it is the origin of the problem? A check before tcp_close_shutdown
against connection not has been closed is required to avoid the issue?
tcp_close seems like a good place to such kind of check. In particular in
tcp_shutdown it is already a check against this condition. So may be it is
required it tcp_close also?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35435>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/