lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #35541] PPP Memory Leak

From: Woody Wu
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #35541] PPP Memory Leak
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 03:17:04 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: 1.4.0

Details:

I found the bug in practice.   Before I call pppSigHUP, there might be
some un-concluded frame accumulated in ppp, thus a pbuf might be
allocated but not yet freed. This un-concluded frame might be an
incorrect PPP frame.  After I call the pppSigHUP, the allocated pbuf
stay in ppp as allocated state. The detail you can refer to the
pppInProc() function.   Then next time, when I have to reopen the ppp,
I can only call the pppOverSerialOpen() function, but this function
will reset ppp receive parser state variables, that results in the
allocated pbuf will never get chance to be freed.

Currently, my workaround solution is to feed the ppp with a 0x7e character
before I can pppSigHUP.  This extra ppp ending flag cause the pppInProc()
state machine check the un-concluded frame and release it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35541>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/