lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] How many MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG needed?

From: narke
Subject: [lwip-devel] How many MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG needed?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:09:15 +0800

Hi,

I set MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG as same as TCP_SND_QUEUELEN.  I thought this
should be okay because I always disable the nagle and always call the
tcp_output after called tcp_write().    So, in the case, each sending
should resulted in one tcp segement, so the MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG should be
same value as current send queue length.  However, in some of my
tests, I observed, my pcb's snd_queuelen did not go beyond the
TCP_SND_QUEUELEN, but the TCP_SEG memory poll get used out --
allocation failed and the err counter of lwip_stats.memp[x] get
increased.

How can I understand this and how do I set the MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG const?

Thanks in advance.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (address@hidden)