lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] ipv6 processing - Edge router implementation

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] ipv6 processing - Edge router implementation
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:43:10 -0600 (MDT)

> My last question is about a (Border/Edge)-Router implementation. If I
> remember right, last year you wrote you are working on such a IPv6
> addition. Have you made any process there. Any input would be great.

I haven't developed anything that could be added to the LwIP project at
the moment.

I am running an IPv6 system with 2+ netifs, on the one side I have
Ethernet or WiFi, on the other side I have a Wireless 802.15.4 6LowPAN
network. For the 6LowPAN side I have a separate module running Contiki and
uIP, I coded a very simple netif that communicates with this module via
SPI. This netif is very custom and about 100 lines of code so it is not
worth contributing back.

I would like to at some point code a 6LowPAN netif for LwIP that would
handle fragmentation and reassembly, but I haven't found the time yet.

Other than that, you can always use LWIP_IP6_FORWARDING and that has been
working well for me.

Cheers
Ivan