lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7773] "netconn_bind" broken for UDP connections in

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7773] "netconn_bind" broken for UDP connections in LwIP 1.4.0
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 21:57:48 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

i have some UDP transmissions where i need to definitely set the source port
(my transmission port) to a given value!

I did this always with:

dvtxcon=netconn_new(NETCONN_UDP);
netconn_connect(dvtxcon,&modsrv_addr,msgqueue[msgq1-1].port);
netconn_bind( dvtxcon, NULL, kreg[602] ); // Set source port to configured
value

After upgrading to LwIP 1.4.0, i saw some connections not working, and my
wireshark showed me that the source port setting is not working anymore!
The connections are sourcing from port 49152 instead of the configured port
3141.

It seems that the setting of source port does not work anymore for UDP
connections!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7773>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/