lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #36380] unsent_oversize mismatch in 1.4.1RC1

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #36380] unsent_oversize mismatch in 1.4.1RC1
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 20:08:56 +0000

Another hint on my testing environment:

I've activated the logger category "Webserver" here in the test. This means
that every packet from the Webserver is sent to the browser, but also sent out
on the logger connection with some text remarks and message queue info.

So a webserver output TCP packet of MSS will immediately trigger the same size
output on the logger TCP connection.

This is what i understand on "high volume output" ;-)

Calling a webserver page with some kilobyte generated output will cause this
TCP output twice on two TCP connections. LwIP 1.4.0 can handle this properly,
but 1.4.1 fails totally with lots of EMAC Tx (DMA) buffer errors/overruns and
finally crahes and the ASSERT output below.

What i notice are also total random data aborts causing watchdog restarts. My
call stack output shows me no valueable information here, maybe caused by the
use of FreeRTOS. But only in 1.4.1RC1 and the named high volume TCP output.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36380>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/