lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #36403] ip4_input() and ip6_input() always pass inp to

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #36403] ip4_input() and ip6_input() always pass inp to higher layers
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 00:33:42 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

Thanks to Enrico Lehmann for bringing this up.

Both ip4_input() and ip6_input() will go through all enabled netifs looking
for an address match. We may accept a packet on a different netif than the one
it was accepted on. This provides simple routing behavior.

When a packet is passed to the next layer, inp (receiving netif) is always
passed.

Should we be passing inp, or netif (accepted) ?

Not sure if this is a bug or what consequences it has. Intuitively I think we
should be passing the accepted netif, but keeping a reference to inp means we
can send response packets on the same netif that we received data...

Comments?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36403>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/