lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] SSL-Library (was: Re: [lwip-commits] [SCM] UNNAMED PROJECT

From: Philipp Tölke
Subject: [lwip-devel] SSL-Library (was: Re: [lwip-commits] [SCM] UNNAMED PROJECT branch, ppp-new, updated. aa2656cb9e8f6cdd7921fc36d5e00060065058a4)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 20:55:30 +0200

On 20.05.2012 20:14, address@hidden wrote:

> As a side note, I'm still looking for a decent open source SSL
> implementation for embedded webservers with a BSD-style licensed...

FWIW: The adaption of the PolarSSL-Library that Texas Instruments
distributes with the "StellarisWare" (<http://www.ti.com/tool/sw-lm3s>)
is under the following license:

#v+
Note: This license file was taken from PolarSSL-0.10.1 and modified by
      Texas Instruments with permission by Paul Bakker of PolarSSL
      (http://www.polarssl.com). The only change is to allow redistributions
      in embedded binaries to only have a "published" copyright and license
      notice via a website. This is because embedded applications do not
      generally have copyright displays and often do not have published
      documentation (as they are part of a larger system).

Based on XySSL: Copyright (c) 2006-2008, Christophe Devine.

Copyright (c) 2009, Paul Bakker <polarssl_maintainer at polarssl dot org>
All rights reserved.

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:

  * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution;
    or, the application vendor's website must provide a copy of this notice.
  * Neither the names of PolarSSL or XySSL nor the names of its contributors
    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
    without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
"AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
#v-

Cheers,
--
Philipp Tölke, M. Sc.