lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #36494] tcp_recved is not called when a remote TCP con

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #36494] tcp_recved is not called when a remote TCP connection is closed
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:42:49 +0000

The problem with not getting a tcp_err callback is traced to the test of the
return code from TCP_EVENT_ACCEPT.  I was returning ERR_ABRT to indicate to
abort the connection.

In lwIP 1.3.x if err is not ERR_OK the outcome was to call tcp_abort.

In lwIP 1.4.x if err is not ERR_OK *and* not ERR_ABRT tcp_abort is called.  I
see this change:

/* Already aborted? */
if (err != ERR_ABRT) {

was added - I don't recall seeing the change note or reason but it effected my
code.

Now I return a different ERR code and I'm back to how it used to work for me.
This is a case where the simplest of changes can break a program.  I don't see
any documentation on what the expected return codes from tcp_accepted should
be.  I'm not saying that it doesn't exist - a quick read of the Wiki doesn't
detail it.

This "bug" can be closed.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36494>

  Message sent via/by Savannah