lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Back-pressure handling in tcp

From: Furquan Shaikh
Subject: [lwip-devel] Back-pressure handling in tcp
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:13:53 -0700

Hello,

I am working on network stack for embedded systems using lwip. For a particular
case, I am facing the following issue:
Due to non-availability of resources, the driver is not able to send a tcp
packet out on network and returns an error. In lwip code, the error is not
checked and it just continues with the processing of next packet. Is there any
way of handling back-pressure in lwip stack? I can take up the task of
implementing this in mainline lwip code, if necessary. Anyone who has any
thoughts about the same or has any idea about the design help me on how I
should proceed?

Thanks,
Furquan